Sunday, June 10, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Wow, I didn't think it had been so long since I last posted here. No wonder I was going a bit mad with my lack of writing!

Well, firstly, an update! I'm still depressed, still in love (weird that I can be both huh?) and still wanting to be a writer. Yikes. What a terrible update! I didn't realise my depression defined me that much that I would put it as my first mini update! Well that's got to change I reckon!

Lets focus on the positive for once shall we? \o/

Well as I mentioned above, I'm still in love. Yes, me and Ben have now been together for three years and I'm still as happy with him as I was when we first met. (Insert soppy and loved up stuff here) There's still the distance problem, but we seem to have coped very well with it to make it to three years!

I'm officially a writer! (I'm not really, but in my head I am!) Lets face it, it's all I've ever wanted to do, and over the years, its the only activity that's ever made me truly happy. My therapist practically begged me to get some of my poetry published, and my new personal job advisor has told me I would be selfish if I kept my writing to myself. So with a renewed sense of hope and confidence, I have vowed to write more, and actually put in the effort to get what I want. Thus the blog resurrection! Writing on a regular basis was always the key to keep me going, and rambling about my life always seemed a good way for me to, well, ramble. Cos I know I'm good at that! Plus, I think writing is the only thing that's going to get me and my fat ass away from playing Warcraft. Curse that game!

I have continued to write this past year. I wrote a fair few reviews which I published on a second blog, but these have since been deleted and I will repost them here at some stage. What's the point of having two blogs? If you're going to get an accurate picture of me and who I am, I may as well keep everything together.

My life has been fairly quiet in the past year, so I don't really have much of an update. However, the biggest news, and in my opinion, the best news, is me and my dad are back in contact, and seeing each other on a fairly regular basis. I even spoke to my step mum about the issues I had with his drink problem, which for me, was HUGE. I saw him at Christmas, and ever since then, I have made an effort to go every month. It doesn't seem like a lot, but for me that's a really big deal. And I'm glad I'm doing it. I don't want to have regrets when the inevitable happens.

I have also got a new story idea. It takes elements from previous ones I have planned and half-heartedly wrote, but for once, I'm actually feeling positive about this one. It somehow feels right, where as the other ones always seemed to have something missing. So whilst I'm feeling positive about it, I'm going to go and do some work on it. Maybe I'll tell you about it soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment