Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Moving On


OMG OMG I had some really good news this morning!

I have been on the council waiting list for a while but this morning I had a phone call from them and they have offered me to go and look at a flat! YAY!

Ok, so you might be thinking “wow, council flat woohoo aiming high…” but this to me will be such a huge and positive change. In my current situation there is just no way I could afford to rent somewhere privately, or even try and secure a mortgage for my own place. The council route was really my own affordable option.

I have to go and look at the place first before I can properly state that I want it, but if the flat is suitable, my answer will be an excitable whoppingly fat YES! The location couldn’t be better – it’s a five minute walk from my brothers’ place and a five minute walk to my best friends’ house, smack bang in the middle between the two. It’s still on the bus route to work and to the train station for when I go see Ben and it’s in an area I grew up in so I’m familiar with the surroundings. They won’t get the keys till the end of this week, early next week so I won’t know for definite what’s going on till probably after Christmas.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my mum, but living with her has in itself created problems. I won’t go into them all here, but lets just say me moving out will help to heal our fractured relationship. Besides, I’m sure she wants her own space and independence too, she’ll probably be glad to see the back of me!

If this happens and I get to move in to the new flat, already I can see a brighter future for me.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful news about your flat offer! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete